The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) and the Vietnam Tourism Association jointly held a ceremony in the Hanoi Opera House on October 17, 2011 to present the Vietnam Tourism Awards 2010 to 50 excellent tourism businesses.
The participants in the ceremony included Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST) Hoang Tuan Anh, Deputy Minister of MoCST Ho Anh Tuan, Vice chairwoman of the HCM City People’s Committee Nguyen Thi Hong, the leaders of VNAT and VITA, representatives of relevant departments, prize winners, press agencies…
Addressing at the ceremony, VNAT’s Director General Nguyen Van Tuan said 2010 is a memorable year in which the 50th Anniversary of Vietnam Tourism was organized. International arrivals to Vietnam in 2010 reached over 5 million arrivals, increasing by 35% over the year 2009. Domestic tourists gained 28 million. Tourism revenue achieved 95,000 billions VND, contributing 4.5% of GDP.
Speaking at the event, Minister Hoang Tuan Anh stressed that Vietnam Tourism Awards praised achievement of tourism businesses in order to impulse emulation, creativeness, and honour value of trade names, making the country an attractive destination for international tourists.
At the ceremony, Minister Hoang Tuan Anh also called all people working in culture, sports and tourism sector and their relatives and friends to vote for Ha Long Bay to be one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
10 leading five-star hotels
1. New World (HCM City)
2. Caravelle (HCM City)
3. Rex (HCM City)
4. Renaissance Riverside (HCM City)
5. Daewoo (Ha Noi)
6. Majestic (HCM City)
7. Ana Mandara Resort (Khanh Hoa)
8. Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa)
9. Windsor Plaza (HCM City)
10. Six Senses Resort Ninh Van Bay (Khanh Hoa).
10 leading four-star hotels
1. Palace (HCM City)
2. Grand (HCM City)
3. Yasaka Saigon–Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa)
4. First (HCM City)
5. Continental (HCM City)
6. Hoi An Resort (Quang Nam)
7. Saigon–Ha Long (Quang Ninh)
8. Grand Palace (OSC Viet Nam, Ba Ria - Vung Tau)
9. Saigon-Phu Quoc Resort (Kien Giang)
10. Bamboo Village Resort Mui Ne, (Binh Thuan).
10 leading three-star hotels
1. Bong Sen Saigon (HCM City)
2. Victory (HCM City)
3. Vien Dong (HCM City)
4. Vung Tau Intourco (Ba Ria - Vung Tau)
5. Hoa Binh (Hanoi)
6. Petro Song Tra (Quang Ngai)
7. Rex (Ba Ria - Vung Tau)
8. Festival (Thua Thien Hue)
9. Cuu Long (Can Tho)
10. Trade Union (Hanoi).
10 leading operators of domestic travel business
1. Saigontourist (HCM City)
2. Ben Thanh Tourist (HCM City)
3. Apex Viet Nam (HCM City)
4. Vietnamtourism – Hanoi
5. Fiditourist (HCM City)
6. Vietravel (HCM City)
7. Peace Tour (HCM City)
8. Exotissimo–Cesais (HCM City)
9. Vitours (Da Nang)
10. Buffalo Tours (Hanoi).
10 leading operators of international travel business.
1. Saigontourist (HCM City)
2. Fiditourist (HCM City)
3. Ben Thanh Tourist (HCM City)
4. Hanoitourist (Hanoi)
5. Lua Viet Tour (HCM City)
6. Van Hoa Viet (HCM City)
7. V.Y.C (HCM City)
8. An Giang Tourimex (An Giang)
9. Can Tho Tourist (Can Tho)
10. An Giang Travel (An Giang).
Hong Thanh (TITC)
Ho Chi Minh City hotels
Other Vietnam Travel News